ULITA – an Archive of International Textiles
Maurice Keyworth Building
University of Leeds
Telephone: +44(0)113 343 3919
General enquiries email*: email@example.com
Please check our Opening Hours before arranging a visit.
Director: Professor Michael Hann
Curator: Ms Jill Winder
Learning & Engagement: Ms Kerstin Doble
Using the Collections
You may make an appointment to view items from the collections for research purposes. Dependent on size, only a limited number of items may be viewed during a visit. We recommend that you first search our online catalogue, and quote the inventory numbers of chosen items in your correspondence (displayed beneath the description). The minimum notice for appointments is a week, but it will also depend on staffing availability. We are happy to discuss your query by phone or email.
Archival handling procedures are practiced in ULITA. Only pencil can be used, and you may be asked to wear gloves. Occasionally, certain items may not be available due to exhibition, conservation or storage implications. Please also read our accessibility details.
Feedback & Mailing List
We welcome feedback on our website, or following a visit. Please leave comments in the visitor book, the comment box or email ULITA. Please also contact us if you want to join our email mailing list to receive details of our exhibitions and events. You can also find us on Facebook and Tripadvisor.
Due to staffing and space, ULITA can only take on a small number of volunteers at any one time, and cannot take further volunteers when there are student placements in the Spring term. Please provide a short cv and references (personal tutor if University of Leeds student).
We cannot take school placements (under 18 years) or full time summer placements.
Information for Donors
NB: We will not normally be taking donations until mid 2019 as we are advised to first catalogue our existing collection.
For more information on our collecting policy, please read our Guidance on donations.
Customer Care Statement
ULITA will aim to give a high standard of customer care for all visitors and those making enquiries. We aim to give a high-quality service by:
- Listening to users, and responding clearly to enquiries, comments and suggestions for improvements
- Treating all users with respect
- Ensuring all accessible areas are clean, presentable and safe
- Answering all enquiries promptly, including providing recommendations of other sources of information
- Displaying accurate and up-to-date information on the website, on notices and promotional literature, including immediately noting any change to services/opening hours
- complaints can be addressed to the Director in the first instance, or the Deputy Secretary of the University.
*Sorry, we do not give valuations