Facilities and Access
- There is an education area equipped with data projection equipment, and a workstation giving access to the online catalogue.
- There is an adjacent cafe in the Business School (closes early in Vacation), and the University Union (with refectory, bar, shops and cash machine) is 5 minutes away.
- Maps of the campus can be provided on request.
- Please note: the temperature in St Wilfred’s Chapel can be cool in Winter.
ULITA is striving to provide suitable access for all its visitors. Disabled visitors are encouraged to contact the Archive in advance to ensure that staff can help and advise. The telephone number is 0113 343 3919.
- Limited disabled parking is available in the Business School car park (Moorland Road entrance), which is approximately 50 meters from the entrance. There is a row of bollards between the parking and the entrance.
- Disabled visitors who hold a valid local authority disabled badge (“Blue Badge”) can park free of charge. Disabled bays are available on a first come first served basis across the campus. The Blue Badge must be displayed in the vehicle. The parking University Campus Map has positions of blue badge parking. The interactive version of the University Campus Map has positions of disabled access and toilets. There is one disabled bay in the Business School car park and others around the Western Campus area, including by the Marks & Spencer Archive.
- There are public bus stops on Moorland Road, where bus number 56, with low floor and easy disability access design, stops regularly.
- There is level access to ULITA. The Maurice Keyworth Building is entered by wide automatically controlled glass doors, and the entrance to ULITA is by a surfaced ramp, not steeper than 1:20 and a doorway of 1200mm. At present this area has a carpet runner. Please contact staff if you prefer for this to be removed for your visit.
- The width of the public area adjacent to the displays is more than 2 meters, and is all on one level with tiled flooring.
- There is a wheelchair accessible toilet in the Archive, and another in the adjacent building.
- There is a bell at door and another at the counter for attracting staff attention.
- Researchers can use a lift to take them to the study area. There is a portable induction loop amplifier available. Please let staff know in advance if you will need to use the lift or hearing loop.
- Dark edges mark the sides of the atrium and the door frame.
- Large print text of exhibition descriptions can be provided on site, or sent in advance of a visit on request.
- Assistant dogs are welcomed at ULITA
- Please be aware that the light levels for exhibitions are low, especially after dark. Torches and magnifying glasses can be provided on request.
We welcome feedback on possible additions to this section.