Since opening at St Wilfred’s Chapel in 2004, the activities in ULITA have been generously supported by:
- The Heritage Lottery Fund for building and educational projects.
- The Clothworkers’ Company for documentation and conservation projects.
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) for documentation projects.
- Museum Development Yorkshire for collection and exhibition enhancement.
- The Textile Society for conservation work on the Pesel Collection.
- The Egyptian Exploration Society for conservation research.
- Leeds Philosophical and Literary Society
- The Pasold Research Fund
- The Wolfson Foundation
and various other grant awarding bodies.